This workshop is in response to school administrators’ and classroom teachers’ requests to provide for their experienced assistants a higher level of training, inspiration and involvement. It has proven valuable for individuals and assistants with insight and experience beyond an initial level. The Advanced Assistants’ Overview session will include:
- Montessori Philosophy and the Adult’s Role within the Classroom
- Classroom Observation and commonly used Record Keeping Techniques
- Recognizing Children’s Developmental Levels and how to meet their Interest with Montessori Materials
- The Practical Life Curriculum – Material Presentations and Highlights of the Philosophy of Practical Life Activities
- The Sensorial Curriculum – Presentations to include the use of Memory Games, Language Lessons, the Geometric Cabinet & Cards, Binomial & Trinomial Cubes and more
- The Math Curriculum – Presentations to include: Linear Counting Materials and the Golden Bead Decimal System
- Cultural Studies specific to the Geography and Science Curricula. Presentations to include: the Montessori Globes and Puzzle Maps, along with discussions around Geography Pictures and how to bring Nature into the classroom.
Advanced Assistants’ Overview
July 22nd & 23rd, 2019 (Monday and Tuesday)
9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
on the Campus of Gordon College Wenham, Massachusetts